Monday, November 21, 2011

Inspired!

I love it when I stumble upon a recipe that sounds so easy and delicious and nutritious that I can't resist cooking it up that very same day! I'm having a pretty good day. I hope you are too;)

Anyway, I found this recipe that wasn't even in recipe form. Spaghetti squash bake. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the innards, drizzle cut sides (I sprayed with Pam) with EVOO, cut side down on a lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender...I was hungry so mine was less than tender, but not hard and still turned out delicious. So, while you're bakin' up that squash, if you WISH to add meat to your spaghetti sauce, cook it up now. However you'd normally make your spaghetti sauce (just not too watery), then once the squash is done baking, use a fork to rake out one half into your sprayed lasagna baking dish, layer on top the spaghetti sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Repeat with other half of your deliciously roasted squash, sauce, cheese...I baked mine at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Like I said before, I was HUNGRY...so I suggest baking it a little longer or until the stuff is bubbling and cheese looks tasty and brown on top. The way I rushed it, it was still SUPER. By the way, I made it tonight with ground beef. Organic 93/7. I didn't fuss with breaking the meat up into super small pieces so the sauce was a little more rustic and chunky. It was good. The actual spaghetti sauce was a Sunflower Farmer's Market store brand organic Spicy Diablo or something. Very satisfying. This was our first attempt at a Pasta-less pasta bake and we are all very full and very pleased. Even my sweet hubby who DESPISES anything "Italian" said he would definitely eat it again. Yeah, he's a real PEACH when I've just GOT to have some sketti. So I believe we've found a GEM of a recipe that will keep the peace on Lasagna Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment